The aluminum complex was built in two phases on a 6 sq. km site in the Khalifa Port Industrial Zone in Taweelah. Phase One of the facility has a production capacity of 700,000 tons of primary aluminum per annum with product mix of sow, standard ingot, billet and sheet ingot. The building cost of the first phase was approximately USD$ 5.7 Billion and resulted in 756 reduction cells arranged in two pot lines. Also on site a 2000 MW power plant, anode manufacturing plant and multiproduct cast house. Phase Two increased the total production capacity to 1.4 million tons per annum, making EMAL the world’s most productive and most efficient single-site aluminum production facility.
Progesys provided specialized engineering and commissioning services to ECL, contracted by EMAL, to design, build and commission the anode rodding and hot bath treatment plants as part of the smelter project.
- Year of realization : 2007 – 2010
- Project value : USD 100 Million$
- Engineering solutions provided through our office in Dubai to optimize installed equipment
- Industrial engineering expertise to monitor and confirm plant performance (Performance guarantees)
- Pre-commissioning supervision and assistance
- Auditing of existing pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures
- Site technical assistance