The production platform Hibernia is the world’s largest oil platform and consists of a 37,000 t (41,000 short tons) integrated topsides facility mounted on a 600,000 t (660,000 short tons) gravity base structure. The platform was towed to its final site, and 450,000 t (500,000 short tons) of solid ballast were added to secure it in place. Inside the gravity base structure are storage tanks for 1.2 million barrels (190,000 m3) of crude oil.
A leading resource of Progesys offered its services for Design and Supervision activities, regarding the supply and fabrication of equipment, for the Ballasting of the Platform.
- Year of realization : 1995
- Project value : N/A
- Design , Calculations & finite elements analysis
- Detailed engineering and Drawing
- Redaction of fabrication procedures
- Supervision of fabrication