In March of 2009, Vale started building the Sohar industrial complex, which included a pelletizing plant, with a yearly capacity of 9 million metric tons, and a distribution centre able to move 40 million metric tons per year. The total investment in this project came to US$1.25 billion. The complex was inaugurated in March 2012.
Since June 2011, Progesys provided engineering services and expertise to Vale in Oman. Projects included a large variety of sustaining projects aimed at improving plant production.
- Year of realization : 2011 –2013
- Project value : USD 1.25 Billion
- Plant engineering services working with maintenance and operation client teams
- Engineering expertise to identify existing engineering problems and propose and manage solutions
- Project management services: Progesys is awarded the services of PMO consultant related to project management services within the owner team