In 2012, Progesys played a major role in the implementation of maintenance programs for petroleum storage tanks of Ultramar refinery, one of the largest refineries in Canada.
Jean Gaulin refinery at Lévis processes foreign crude oil carried by tankers to its deep-water port on the St. Lawrence River. With a storage capacity of 8.7 million barrels of crude oil and intermediate and refined products, it can also store liquefied petroleum gas.
Progesys team experts in the field of design and repair of tanks, has provided high standard services that comply with all API standards requirements. Consequently, the maintenance program that was executed allowed an increased lifespan of the equipment and their auxiliary systems.
- Year of realization : 2012
- Project value : USD 10 Million
- Cost estimate for API tank inspections & capacity upgrades
- Review & analysis of floating roof & seal repair installation
- Review of installation of cathodic protection
- Verticality & roundness studies
- Structures analysis & settlement evaluation
- On-site technical assistance
- Complete inspection of API tank (inside & outside) in conformity with API-653
- Engineering of lifting devices, foundation & ring wall construction
- Engineering validation of existing tank floor, shell courses & fixed roof
- Management of the pre-commissioning & commissioning phases of the project