Induration Machine 5 Rebuild – Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore pellets and concentrates, serving customers worldwide. IOC’s major shareholder, the international mining group Rio Tinto, has activities in more than 40 countries throughout the world.
IOC operates a mine, a concentrator and pelletizing plant in Labrador City in Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities located in Sept-Îles in the province of Quebec. It also operates a 418 km railroad that links the mine to the port. IOC currently employs more than 2,500 people and has the capacity to produce approximately 22 million tons of iron ore concentrate per year.
PROGESYS’ leading team implemented the CommissioningForce software to track the shutdown activities and to manage deficiencies encountered during the POV and the commissioning of the indurating machine of the pellet plant.
- Implemented PROGESYS’ commissioning management software (CommissioningForce)
- Provided breakdowns of machine 5 equipment into handover packages
- Customized the POV and commissioning check sheets for some equipment
- Tracked the POV and commissioning work, and reported the progress
- Put in place a strategy for deficiencies management
- Prioritized and managed deficiencies until the project closure and reported the progress.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.