Port-Daniel-Gascons Cement Plant Project – McInnis Cement
Looking for solutions?Contact us
The Port-Daniel-Gascons cement plant is one of the most important industrial projects in Canada. The cement plant is a model of environmental performance and will thus meet the highest standards in the world.
The site of the Port-Daniel-Gascons cement plant has many features that give it several key advantages. First, the composition of the limestone will produce cement of exceptional quality. Second, the marine terminal has significantly reduced transport costs, making shipping to the Eastern Seaboard and elsewhere in the world cost-effective and highly competitive. Furthermore, access to maritime transport means a substantial reduction in the environmental footprint generally associated with cement transportation as one ship can carry the equivalent of 1,500 truckloads of cement.
- Managed the POV, commissioning, and start-up phases of the project
- Planned the activities related to commissioning and start-up
- Mobilized a team of engineers and commissioning technicians to the site
- Developed and delivered LOTO training based on McInnis’ needs and regulatory compliance requirements
- Planned, managed, and supervised the work performed by vendors
- Commissioned the plant in manual and automatic modes and handed over the systems to the client
- Implemented CommissioningForce, PROGESYS’ in-house commissioning software
- Managed deficiencies.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.