Oyu Tolgoi Shaft 2 – Oyu Tolgoi (Rio Tinto)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Oyu Tolgoi LLC is a Mongolian company, jointly owned by Erdenes Oyu Tolgoi LLC, on behalf of the Government of Mongolia, and Canadian-based Turquoise Hill Resources. Rio Tinto has an interest in Turquoise Hill and manages Oyu Tolgoi on behalf of the partnership. Rio Tinto Group is one of the world’s largest metal and mining corporations and one of the world leaders in the production of many commodities including aluminum, iron ore, copper, uranium, coal, and diamonds.
The Oyu Tolgoi Shaft 2, with full production capacity, produces 95,000 tpd containing a copper grade of 1.66 percent with a 0.35% gold by-product. Shaft 2 is a multifaceted effort with infrastructure constructions on both the surface and underground levels. Mining will be executed at a depth of 1,284 m from the surface once the shaft sinking is completed. The underground infrastructure will consist of a new crusher station and conveying system. The ore, once hoisted, will be delivered to the concentrator via the new conveying system. With the increased ore production, the mine ventilation and dewatering systems are being upgraded. Oyu Tolgoi mine will employ 4,000 people. The first ore production from Shaft 2 was scheduled for the first quarter of 2020 with LOM in exceedance of 50 years.
- Reviewed the commissioning execution plan and the commissioning procedures
- Supported the planning of activities related to commissioning and start‐up
- Supported in QA/QC, POV, commissioning, and in the start‐up phases of the project
- Mobilized a team of engineers and commissioning technicians on site
- Assisted with the commissioning systems in both manual and automatic modes and handed over the systems to the client
- Prioritized and managed the identified deficiencies while reporting out on progress until closure
- Completed a benchmarking study focused on the history and risks of global UG mining operational performance of large crushers during the commissioning phase.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.