Pre-Operational Verification and Commissioning – Glencore
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Glencore-Raglan Mine, part of the Glencore Group, is one of the richest base-metal mines in the world and is located at the extreme limit of northern Quebec. Employing more than 950 workers, Glencore-Raglan Mine is committed to providing a safe, productive, healthy, and stable work environment.
In 2021, PROGESYS was mandated to provide pre-operational verification (POV) and commissioning services for two generators located at the Katinniq Power Plant in the Raglan Mine.
- Performed the planning of commissioning activities
- Performed walkdowns of the systems prior to turnover from construction to commissioning team and prior to turnover from commissioning team to operations
- Executed Pre-Operational Verifications (POV) and commissioning works of the two power generation units and their auxiliary systems
- Integrated generators into the existing electrical network including synchronization of the generator and load sharing on the network
- Performed the commissioning activities of the electrical substation, and verified the electrical protections
- Managed and controlled deficiencies during the POV and commissioning works
- Prepared handover packages
- Performed the handover to Glencore’s Operation team of all documentation forming part of the commissioning package.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.