Rio Tinto Alcan, Rio Tinto
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Rio Tinto Alcan is a global leader in the aluminum business. One of the world’s largest producers of bauxite, alumina, and aluminum. RTA is one of the five production groups operated by Rio Tinto, a leading international mining group.
The Kitimat Modernization Project (KMP) will increase the smelter’s production capacity by 48% to approximately 420,000 tpy of aluminum ingot using the most cost-effective, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly technology available. The company announced its final investment decision on December 1, 2011. Construction labour at peak (fall 2014) was approximately 3,400 persons, including 1,000 local workers.
- As a Commissioning Contractor, PROGESYS supported all POV and commissioning activities.
- Ensure the commissioning set-up, including pre-testing and vendor assistance and process commissioning was efficiently executed to satisfy the commissioning objectives.
- Ensure the completion of check sheets and related paperwork that facilitate the turnover of a sub-system to the operating group.
- Assist in developing and implementing mitigation plans to overcome any schedule slippages resulting in identified commissioning shortfalls.
- Monitor the completion of outstanding. construction and commissioning deficiencies and turnover readiness.
- Provide HSE training sessions based on Rio Tinto’s needs and regulatory compliance requirements during the Commissioning phase.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
Progesys provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia and Mozambique. Progesys offered their expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.
Houston, Texas, USA
Air Liquide requested Progesys to provide PMO services in the Houston (USA) area as owner representative. Progesys’ resources were integrated and complemented the Air Liquide project team to help planning, schedule construction activities and review engineering packages.