Kitimat Modernization Plant – Rio Tinto Alcan
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Rio Tinto Alcan (RTA) is a global leader in the aluminum business and is one of the world’s largest producers of bauxite, alumina, and aluminum. RTA is one of the five production groups operated by Rio Tinto: a leading international mining group.
The Kitimat Modernization Plant (KMP) increased the smelter’s production capacity by 48% to approximately 420,000 tpy of aluminum ingot using the most cost-effective, energy-efficient, and environmentally friendly technology available. The company announced its final investment decision on December 1, 2011. Construction labor at peak, in (fall 2014), was approximately 3,400 people, including 1,000 local workers.
- Supported the POV and commissioning activities
- Ensured the commissioning set-up which included pre-testing and vendor assistance.
- Ensured the completion of check sheets and related paperwork that facilitate the turnover of the sub-system to the operating group
- Assisted in the development and implementation of the mitigation plans to overcome any schedule slippages resulting in identified commissioning shortfalls
- Monitored the completion of outstanding construction deficiencies and turnover to the client
- Provided HSE training sessions based on Rio Tinto’s needs and regulatory compliance requirements during the commissioning phase.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.