Increase Amperage (Current Creep), Sebree Works – Rio Tinto Alcan
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Rio Tinto Alcan (RTA) is a global leader in the aluminum business and is one of the world’s largest producers of bauxite, alumina, and aluminum. RTA is one of five production groups operated by Rio Tinto, a leading international mining group.
The Sebree Current Creep Project increased the smelter’s production capacity by 12% to reach a constant minimum of 195kA and reaching 205kA from originally 132kA, using the most cost-effective, energy-efficient, and environmentally friendly techniques. In its Sustaining Competitive Edge program, RTA Sebree works authorized four main improvement elements: the ABF rebuild, the improvement of the rodding shop, the anode production increase, and the current Creep project.
- Provided project management
- Provided project control services
- Provided anode depletion and new stock management and integration
- Provided vendor management and technology implementation
- Provided risk analysis support
- Provided commissioning plan and execution control
- Provided shutdown management
- Provided training integration.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.