Sakura Ferroalloys Sdn. Bhd.
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Sakura Ferroalloys is a tripartite joint venture among South Africa’s Assmang Ptd Ltd., Japan’s Sumitomo Crop, and Taiwan’s China Steel Crop. The company is a producer of high carbon ferromanganese and silicon manganese, supplying the international market.
Sakura project is a Greenfield project executed by Metix (Pty) Ltd; which consists of two 81MVA furnaces that manufacture high carbon ferromanganese and silicon manganese. Each furnace is designed to produce both products. The smelting plant is designed to produce 110,000 tpy of ferromanganese and 72,000 tpy of silicon manganese.
- Health, Safety & Environment compliance audit (OHSAS 18001)
- Field audit of the implemented operational controls
- Review on hazard identification, assessment, and controls
- Audit on competency, training & improvement
- Assessing the performance of the emergency preparedness and response
- Audit on incident investigation reports, non-conformance report (NCR), corrective action report (CAR), preventive action report (PAR)
- Audit on legal compliance with respect to Malaysian Occupational Health & Safety Act 1994 & Factories and Machinery Act 1967
- Health, Safety & Environment follow-up audit
- Review the closeouts of previous recommendations and re-audit the same areas to assess the improvement.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
Progesys provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia and Mozambique. Progesys offered their expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.
Houston, Texas, USA
Air Liquide requested Progesys to provide PMO services in the Houston (USA) area as owner representative. Progesys’ resources were integrated and complemented the Air Liquide project team to help planning, schedule construction activities and review engineering packages.