Metix Sakura Project, Samalaju Industrial Park – Sakura Ferroalloys
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Sakura Ferroalloys is a tripartite joint venture among South Africa’s Assmang Ptd Ltd., Japan’s Sumitomo Corp, and Taiwan’s China Steel Corp. The company is a producer of high carbon ferromanganese and silicon manganese, supplying the international market.
Sakura project is a greenfield project executed by Metix (Pty) Ltd. which consists of two 81 MVA furnaces that manufacture high carbon ferromanganese and silicon manganese. Each furnace is designed to produce both products. The smelting plant is designed to produce 110,000 tpy of ferromanganese and 72,000 tpy of silicon manganese.
- Provided Health, Safety & Environment compliance audits (OHSAS 18001)
- Conducted a field audit of the implemented operational controls
- Reviewed the hazard identification, assessment, and controls
- Audited on competency, training, and improvement
- Assisted the performance of emergency preparedness and response
- Audited incident investigation reports, nonconformance reports (NCR), corrective action reports (CAR), preventive action reports (PAR)
- Audited legal compliance with respect to Malaysian Occupational Health & Safety Act 1994 & Factories and Machinery Act 1967
- Health, Safety & Environment follow-up audit
- Reviewed the closeouts of previous recommendations and re-audit of the same areas to assess the improvement.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.