Rio Tinto Alcan inaugurates its new high-efficiency turbine at the Shipshaw hydropower plant in Saguenay, Quebec. The new turbine unit has an installed capacity of 225 megawatts.
Over the last few years, the work consisted of adding a 13th turbine unit with a capacity of 225 MW, bringing the total output of the Shipshaw Powerhouse to 1,145 MW. The commissioning of the 13th turbine unit thus increased Rio Tinto Alcan’s total installed capacity in Quebec from 2900 to 3125 megawatts.
Progesys offered its services for construction activities planning and for commissioning coordination of the Group13.
- Year of realization : 2011-2012
- Project value : USD 228 Million
- Audit of the Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning execution plan
- Planning and coordination services for construction activities
- Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning expertise