The Jean-Gaulin refinery conducted a major maintenance shutdown to keep all refining units and associated equipment in perfect condition. This investment was to ensure the safety, reliability and performance improvements of process units within the refinery as well as the installation of an atmospheric facility to meet new environmental requirements. In total, 2000 people were directly involved with the turnaround, including workers in positions ranging from pipefitters to boilermakers.
Progesys has provided services for plant shutdown management and supplied personnel to support clients across a variety of disciplines for the different phases of shutdown.
- Year of realization : 2013
- Project value : USD 120 Million
- Review of strategic site shutdown and work scope optimization
- Overall planning, scheduling of shutdown activities, deliverables and implementation
- Development of detailed planning packages, preparation of detailed schedule for the approved scope and preparation of staffing plan
- Review of all engineering packages and schedules
- Procurement management including warehousing, purchasing, expediting, inspection, shop auditing
- Review and analysis of constructability study
- Supervision and management of contractor work
- Supervision and coordination of pre-commissioning and commissioning work
- Site logistics and construction assistance
- Post shutdown review