St-Romuald Refinery Shutdown – Valero Refinery (Ultramar)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
The Jean-Gaulin refinery conducted a major maintenance shutdown for all refining units and associated equipment. This investment was to ensure the safety, reliability, and performance improvements of process units within the refinery as well as the installation of an atmospheric facility to meet new environmental requirements. In total, 2000 people were directly involved with the turnaround, including workers in positions ranging from pipefitters to boilermakers.
PROGESYS provided services for the plant shutdown management and supplied personnel to support the client across a variety of disciplines for the different phases of the shutdown.
- Provided work scope optimization
- Planned and scheduled the shutdown activities and deliverables
- Developed the detailed planning packages, prepared the detailed schedule for the approved scope, and prepared the staffing plan
- Reviewed the engineering packages and related deliverables and milestones
- Assisted in procurement management including warehousing, purchasing, expediting, and inspections
- Supervised and managed the contractors’ work
- Supervised and coordinated the POV and commissioning work
- Provided site logistics and construction assistance
- Provided a post-shutdown review.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.