Alma II Project – Rio Tinto Alcan
Looking for solutions?Contact us
The Alma II project was aimed at increasing the capacity of the existing smelter by expanding the electrolysis pot rooms and performing expansions and adjustments to the Carbon plant and the Cast House. The pre-feasibility phase of the project covered all required expansions and retrofit work to the plant to increase production from 430K MT to over 570K MT of primary aluminum with a capital investment of over one billion dollars.
- Managed and supervised project control
- Planned the project activities and implementation
- Reviewed, analyzed, and managed the ±20% project estimate
- Provided risk management (identification, assessment, and mitigation of risks)
- Reviewed and analyzed the constructability study
- Supervised and managed the EPCM contractor work
- Planned and executed the technical evaluations and business evaluation (audits) by corporate client teams.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.