Capex Portfolio – PMO Implementation – ArcelorMittal Mining Canada G.P. (AMMC)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
ArcelorMittal Mining Canada (AMMC) is one of the main Canadian suppliers of iron ore products for the national and global steel market. The company has facilities in Québec, on the north shore of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, and produces more than 26 million metric tons of concentrate a year from an extensive deposit in Mont-Wright and its mine in Fire Lake. With an annual capacity of more than 10 million metric tons, the plant produces various types of pellets to meet the requirements of demanding customers.
Aiming for increasing projects’ success rates, and standardization of their project management practices, AMMC hired PROGESYS to establish a Project Management Office (PMO). While reporting to the chief technical office department, the PMO’s main function consists in defining and implementing project management standards and guidelines for all teams and departments involved in any given project. AMMC Capex portfolio holds more than a hundred (100) projects of different sizes and scopes and is managed by different departments and offices.
- Provided a roadmap to establish and implement the project management office (PMO)
- Developed a set of practices, standards, and templates to manage projects
- Provided a project management methodology manual including procedures, tools, and guidelines
- Implemented the project management methodology through training and coaching
- Reviewed the projects to check if the project teams followed the AMMC’s standards for project management
- Provided an integrated portfolio schedule, cost analysis, and reporting.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.