ArcelorMittal Mining Canada G.P. (AMMC)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
ArcelorMittal Mining Canada (AMMC) is one of the main Canadian suppliers of iron ore products for the national and global steel market. The company has facilities in Québec, on the north shore of the Gulf of the St. Lawrence and produces more than 26 million metric tons of concentrate a year from an extensive deposit in Mont-Wright and its mine in Fire Lake. With an annual capacity more than 10 million metric tons, the plant produces various types of pellets to meet the requirements of demanding customers.
Aiming for increasing projects success rates, and standardized their project management practices, AMMC hired PROGESYS to establish a Project Management Office (PMO). While reporting to the chief technical office department, the PMO main function consists in define and implement project management standards and guidelines for all teams and department involved in any given project. AMMC Capex portfolio holds more than a hundred (100) projects of different sizes and scopes and managed by different department and offices.
- Provide a roadmap to establish and implement the project management office (PMO)
- Develop a set of practices, standards, and templates to manage projects
- Provide a project management methodology manual including procedures, tools, and guidelines
- Implement the project management methodology through trainings and coaching
- Review of projects to check if project teams follow the AMMC’s standards for project management
- Provide an integrated portfolio schedule, cost analysis and reporting
Implement and perform portfolio change management and risk management.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
Progesys provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia and Mozambique. Progesys offered their expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.
Houston, Texas, USA
Air Liquide requested Progesys to provide PMO services in the Houston (USA) area as owner representative. Progesys’ resources were integrated and complemented the Air Liquide project team to help planning, schedule construction activities and review engineering packages.