Capex Portfolio – PMO Implementation – ArcelorMittal Mining Canada G.P. (AMMC)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
ArcelorMittal Mining Canada (AMMC) is one of the main Canadian suppliers of iron ore products for the national and global steel market. The company has facilities in Québec, on the north shore of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, and produces more than 26 million metric tons of concentrate a year from an extensive deposit in Mont-Wright and its mine in Fire Lake. With an annual capacity of more than 10 million metric tons, the plant produces various types of pellets to meet the requirements of demanding customers.
Aiming for increasing projects’ success rates, and standardization of their project management practices, AMMC hired PROGESYS to establish a Project Management Office (PMO). While reporting to the chief technical office department, the PMO’s main function consists in defining and implementing project management standards and guidelines for all teams and departments involved in any given project. AMMC Capex portfolio holds more than a hundred (100) projects of different sizes and scopes and is managed by different departments and offices.
- Provided a roadmap to establish and implement the project management office (PMO)
- Developed a set of practices, standards, and templates to manage projects
- Provided a project management methodology manual including procedures, tools, and guidelines
- Implemented the project management methodology through training and coaching
- Reviewed the projects to check if the project teams followed the AMMC’s standards for project management
- Provided an integrated portfolio schedule, cost analysis, and reporting.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.