ARS1 and ARS2 of Angul Smelter Projects – ECL and NALCO
Looking for solutions?Contact us
ECL contracted PROGESYS for project management, construction management, and commissioning services of two projects in India. The projects consisted of the expansion of two anode rodding shops at the Angul smelter of Nalco in Orissa, India. Progesys mobilized a team of engineers and technicians to the project site and successfully set the projects on course, achieving full delivery of both projects to the client in the first quarter of 2011.
- Provided construction management services, hired local contractors, and implemented the best practices for construction and HSE for the plant ARS1 and ARS2
- Conducted training courses for ECL’s employees to implement the required safety procedures
- Directly supervised the manpower and training of welders and tradesmen
- Provided onsite engineering and fabrication at local fabrication shops
- Installed and operated electrical substations for both plants
- Provided heavy lifts for chimneys in difficult plant areas (brownfield)
- Provided engineering during plant construction as well as engineering for heavy lifts and final equipment installation
- Commissioned all the equipment and prepared the work for the performance tests and for the handover to the client.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.