Woodroom & Woodyard Modernization Project – Domtar
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Domtar is the largest integrated manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America, and one of the largest manufacturers of pulp in the world. Domtar counts 13 pulp and paper mills and 10 paper converting facilities, holding 3 million tons of papermaking capacity and 1.8 million air-dried metric tons (ADMT) of market pulp capacity annually.
Domtar’s Windsor Mill started a woodyard modernization project that consists of the demolition of one of the two chip production lines to accommodate the installation of the new rotary debarker and horizontal chipper processing system. During the dismantling, demolition, and construction phases, the second line will operate to maintain a maximum production capacity. While being simultaneously conducted, the demolition and construction phases are estimated to last 9-10 months. These phases include the installation of the structure around the debarker infeed, the installation of deck and loader system, the building of mechanical modification as well as electrical and instrument works.
- Managed construction and commissioning
- Prepared the construction work plan, project logistics, and schedule
- Supported the bidding process until the contract awarding
- Prepared the health and safety plan, the communication plan, and the risk management plan
- Prepared the commissioning execution plan and the commissioning procedures
- Planned the activities related to commissioning and start‐up
- Implemented PROGESYS’ commissioning management software (CommissioningForce)
- Managed deficiencies
- Managed the change notices, claims, progress, and closure of the project.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.