Edmonton High Solid Anaerobic Digestion Facility – Suez
Looking for solutions?Contact us
The High Solid Anaerobic Digestion Facility (ADF), located at the Edmonton Waste Management Centre, expanded the city’s organic waste processing capacity and contributed to the goal of diverting 90% of waste from landfills. The Anaerobic Digestion Facility (ADF) has allowed the city to:
- Process up to 40,000 tonnes of organic waste per year
- Create renewable energy in the form of electricity and heat
- Produce high-quality compost for use in agriculture and horticulture
- Reduce greenhouse gases emission
- Remove the odors created during the process by using bio-filters.
The construction of the new ADF is now complete. The facility is currently in the commissioning phase, processing organic feedstock from municipal solid waste and generating biogas. It is fully operational in 2020.
- Provided POV and commissioning management services
- Performed deficiencies follow-up
- Supported construction with work packages and site coordination
- Managed the QA/QC documentation
- Managed the contractors
- Implemented the existing commissioning plan
- Supported the Operations Team for ramp-up and start-up
- Coordinated with the City of Edmonton and other stakeholders.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.