Tasiast Gold Mine Expansion Project- Kinross Gold Corporation
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold and silver mining company. The company’s mines are located in Brazil, Ghana, Mauritania, Russia, and the United States.
The Tasiast Gold Mine Expansion Project is an open-pit gold mine in Mauritania, 300 km north of the capital of Nouakchott. The Tasiast optimization study recommended a two-phased expansion that leverages the existing mill infrastructure. Phase One of the expansion increased the mill throughput from the current 8 ktpd to 12 ktpd. Phase Two increased the mill throughput from 12 ktpd to 30 ktpd with the installation of equipment allowing additional milling, leaching, thickening, and refinery capacity.
- Prepared the commissioning execution plan
- Provided construction management and contractor supervision and coordination
- Planned the activities related to mechanical completion, POV, and commissioning
- Mobilized a team of engineers and commissioning technicians to the site
- Managed and lead all activities from mechanical completion to commissioning
- Planned, managed, and supervised the work performed by contractors and vendors
- Provided mechanical completion, POV, and commissioning of the plant and hand-over to the client
- Managed deficiencies after the construction phase
- Implemented CommissioningForce, PROGESYS’ in-house commissioning software
- Assisted Tasiast Gold Mine’s start-up and ramp-up of facilities
- Performed LOTO and HSE training based on Kinross Gold Corporation’s needs and regulatory compliance requirements.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
PROGESYS provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia, and Mozambique. PROGESYS offered its expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.