Tasiast Gold Mine Expansion Project- Kinross Gold Corporation
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold and silver mining company. The company’s mines are located in Brazil, Ghana, Mauritania, Russia, and the United States.
The Tasiast Gold Mine Expansion Project is an open-pit gold mine in Mauritania, 300 km north of the capital of Nouakchott. The Tasiast optimization study recommended a two-phased expansion that leverages the existing mill infrastructure. Phase One of the expansion increased the mill throughput from the current 8 ktpd to 12 ktpd. Phase Two increased the mill throughput from 12 ktpd to 30 ktpd with the installation of equipment allowing additional milling, leaching, thickening, and refinery capacity.
- Prepared the commissioning execution plan
- Provided construction management and contractor supervision and coordination
- Planned the activities related to mechanical completion, POV, and commissioning
- Mobilized a team of engineers and commissioning technicians to the site
- Managed and lead all activities from mechanical completion to commissioning
- Planned, managed, and supervised the work performed by contractors and vendors
- Provided mechanical completion, POV, and commissioning of the plant and hand-over to the client
- Managed deficiencies after the construction phase
- Implemented CommissioningForce, PROGESYS’ in-house commissioning software
- Assisted Tasiast Gold Mine’s start-up and ramp-up of facilities
- Performed LOTO and HSE training based on Kinross Gold Corporation’s needs and regulatory compliance requirements.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.