Kinross Gold Corporation
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold and silver mining company. The company’s mines are in Brazil, Ghana, Mauritania, Russia and the United States.
The Tasiast Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine in Mauritania, 300 kilometres north of the capital of Nouakchott. The Tasiast optimization study recommended a two-phased expansion that leverages the existing mill infrastructure. Phase One of the expansion increases the mill throughput from the current 8 ktpd to 12 ktpd. Phase Two increases the mill throughput from 12 ktpd to 30 ktpd with the installation of additional milling, leaching, thickening and refinery capacity.
- Preparation of the commissioning execution plan
- Construction management and contractor supervision and coordination
- Planning of activities related to MC, POV and commissioning
- Mobilization of a team of engineers and commissioning technicians to site
- Management and leadership for all activities from MC to commissioning
- Planning, management, and supervision work performed by vendors
- MC, POV and commissioning of the plant and hand-over to the client
- Deficiencies management after the construction phase
- Implementation of PROGESYS’ in-house commissioning software
- Assistance for Tasiast gold mine’s start-up and ramp-up of facilities
- Perform LOTO and HSE training based on Kinross’ needs and regulatory compliance requirements.
Oman, Mozambique, Malaysia and Indonesia
Progesys provided project management services within Vale PMO to manage their portfolio of projects which were in different stages in Indonesia, Oman, Malaysia and Mozambique. Progesys offered their expertise in risk management, procurement, planning, construction, and project control.
Houston, Texas, USA
Air Liquide requested Progesys to provide PMO services in the Houston (USA) area as owner representative. Progesys’ resources were integrated and complemented the Air Liquide project team to help planning, schedule construction activities and review engineering packages.