Pertama Smelting Plant
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Pertama Ferroalloys Sdn. Bhd. was established on 2nd December 2010 as the first large-scale manganese alloys and ferrosilicon plant in Malaysia. Formerly known as AML Manganese (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., the company was established by global ferroalloy production leaders to produce and supply manganese alloy products for the steel industry worldwide.
An investment costing USD300 million, the Pertama smelting plant occupies an area of 200 hectares in the Samalaju Industrial Park in Bintulu, Sarawak as a 2-phase manganese alloys and ferrosilicon smelting plant development. The final products of the plant will be manganese alloys, ferrosilicon and electrolytic manganese metal (EMM).
Progesys was mandated in December 2014 to commission and ramp up Pertama Smelting Plant to design production rates and product quality.
- Management of the commissioning, and start-up phases of the project
- Planning of activities related to commissioning and start-up
- Mobilisation of a team of engineers and commissioning technicians to site
- Pre-operation verifications and water-batch tests
- Plan, manage, and supervise work performed by vendors
- Commissioning of the plant in manual and automatic modes
- Deficiencies management after construction phase
- Handover of the plant to client