Raglan Mine Capacity Increase Program
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Raglan Mine, located at the extreme limit of Northern Quebec, operates one of the richest base-metal mines in the world, but also the only nickel mines in the province of Quebec. Since it was brought into production in 1997, the total yearly production has increased gradually to today’s 1.3 million tons of ore. Raglan Mine is a division of Xstrata Nickel, one of Xstrata Group’s global commodity businesses. Raglan Mine employs more than 950 workers.
Xstrata is executing a number of projects to increase the capacity of the Raglan Mine and hired Progesys for the planning, management and execution of pre-commissioning and commissioning phase of the Capacity Increase Program. The Capacity Increase Program is planned to be completed in Q4 2014.
- Scope all facilities by systems to enable smooth transfer from EPC to Owner operation team
- Definition and implementation of POVT roles and responsibilities matrix
- Overview of construction key milestones and planning of vendors on-site for pre-commissioning activities
- Preparation of a POVT execution plan for owner team
- Planning of plant systems turn-over to owner
- Review and preparation of all verification forms of equipment and system test details
- Detailed planning of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities