Terminal Teluk Rubiah Project – Vale Malaysia Minerals
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Vale is a global company headquartered in Brazil represented in 38 countries and employing over 100,000 people worldwide. In Malaysia, Vale set up a regional distribution center located in Lumut, Perak. The center became operational in 2014. As a regional hub, iron ore is to be shipped to Perak from Brazil for storage and then to be distributed to customers across the region.
During the first phase of its investment, Vale spent USD 1.37 Billion to set up a regional distribution center plus a designated port at Teluk Rubiah in Lumut. The stockyard is designed to be able to handle 30 million tonnes of iron ore annually and can be expanded to a maximum capacity of 60 million tonnes per annum.
- Planned the POV and commissioning activities
- Scoped the facilities through systems to enable a smooth transfer from the EPC to the owner operation team
- Defined and implemented the POVT roles and responsibilities matrix
- Oversaw the construction of key milestones and planning of the vendors on-site for POV activities
- Prepared the POV execution plan for the owner team
- Directed and executed the POV and commissioning activities
- Planned the plant systems turnover to the owner.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.