Terminal Teluk Rubiah
Looking for solutions?Contact us
Vale is a global company headquartered in Brazil, represented in 38 countries and employs over 100,000 people worldwide. In Malaysia, Vale is in the midst of setting up a regional distribution center located in Lumut, Perak. The centre is scheduled to be operational in 2014. As a regional hub, iron ore will be shipped to Perak from Brazil for storage and to be distributed to customers across the region.
Under the first phase of its investment, Vale spent $1.37B to set up a regional distribution centre plus a designated port at Teluk Rubiah in Lumut. The stockyard is designed to be able to handle 30m tons of iron ore annually and can be expanded to take a maximum capacity of 60m tons per annum.
Vale contracted Progesys for the planning, management and execution of mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the stockyard equipment, facilities and port equipment. Planning work started in Q4 2012 and mobilization to site in 2013. Full operation of this installation is expected for Q4 2014.
- As a commissioning contractor, Progesys is responsible for all pre-commissioning and commissioning activities
- Scope all facilities by systems to enable smooth transfer from EPC to owner operation team
- Definition and implementation of POVT roles and responsibilities matrix
- Overview of construction key milestones and planning of vendors on-site for pre-commissioning activities
- Preparation of a POVT execution plan for owner team
- Direction and execution of all POVT and commissioning activities
- Planning of plant systems turn-over to owner