Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel – Valero Energy (Ultramar)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
he Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel Project at the Ultramar refinery was one of the projects launched by the petrochemical industry to lower sulfur fuel. The USD 400 million project by Valero refinery was to delivers diesel in compliance with new government environmental requirements that took effect in summer of 2006. The project included the construction of a high-pressure unit and all the outside battery limit work required.
The project engineering was conducted in Calgary and managed from Quebec. It required the procurement of equipment from the USA, Europe, and Asia, including Japan and India.
- Provided management of engineering teams in Calgary and Quebec City
- Provided project controls management and supervision
- Provided procurement management, including contractual strategy definition
- Provided purchasing, expediting, inspection planning, and shop auditing services
- Planned project activities and implementation
- Provided risk management (identification, assessment, and mitigation of risks)
- Reviewed and analyzed a constructability study
- Supervised and managed the EPCM contractor’s work
- Managed and executed the POV and commissioning work
- Provided site logistics and construction assistance.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.