API Tanks Upgrade – Valero Refinery (Ultramar)
Looking for solutions?Contact us
In 2012, PROGESYS played a major role in the implementation of a maintenance program for the petroleum storage tanks of the Ultramar refinery, one of the largest refineries in Canada.
The Jean Gaulin refinery in St-Romuald processes foreign crude oil carried by tankers to its deep-water port on the St. Lawrence River. With a storage capacity of 8.7 million barrels of crude oil and intermediate and refined products, it can also store liquefied petroleum gas.
PROGESYS’ team experts, in the field of design and repair of tanks, provided high standard services that comply with all API standard requirements. Consequently, the maintenance program that was executed allowed an increased lifespan of the equipment and its auxiliary systems.
- Participated in the preparation of an overall plan for the upgrade of the tank farm and auxiliary equipment
- Provided cost estimation for API tank inspections and capacity upgrades
- Reviewed and analyzed the floating roof and seal repair installation
- Reviewed the installation of the cathodic protection
- Provided verticality and roundness studies
- Provided structure analysis and settlement evaluation
- Provided procurement and construction management as well as on-site technical assistance
- Provided a complete inspection of the API tanks (inside and outside) in conformity with API-653
- Provided engineering of the lifting devices, the foundation, and the ring wall construction
- Provided engineering validation of the existing tank floor, the shell courses, and the fixed roof
- Managed the POV and commissioning phases of the project.
Marabá – PA, Brazil
Progesys Brazil is awarded to provide services for integrated planning, offering support for risk management, Hazard, and Operability risks study (HAZOP) and critical analysis on the engineering design with a focus on environmental aspects, health & safety assessments, as well as Preliminary Risk Analysis.
Sao Paolo and Florianopolis, Brazil
Progesys Acttio is delivering their know-how in auditing mega projects and operational units, allowing clients to align and maintain internal business processes, as well as providing support on the deficiencies’ corrections in internal controls and processes, budgets and costs, planning, quality, and environment.